What it Means to be an Oiler

Jayden Perry was a senior wide receiver on Mount Pleasant's football team this fall. Jayden was more than happy to answer a few questions about this football season. As a senior, when you don't have the perfect season that everyone dreams about, there can be lot of reasons to look back on it with sadness and regret. However, Jayden was the complete opposite. He spoke solely on the fun memories and times he had with his friends that will be with them for the rest of their lives.

1) Favorite memory of this season?
- My favorite memory of the season was catching the touchdown pass against midland high... the way my team ran over to me was a memory I'll never forget”

2) How do you think the team will do next season?
- “My favorite memory over all 4 years has been working with my team mates and watching us all grow as athletes”

3) What has playing football for Mount Pleasant meant for you?
- “Being an oiler is such an incredible feeling down to the hard work that is put in as an oiler and also the team success and chant we do as a team. Being an oiler has showed me that it's more than just now and these 4 years it's something that can never be taken away from me”

4) Are you going to play any other sports this year?
- “I am going to run track in the spring”

5) What are your plans for college? (Where do you want to go/major in)
- “I am very undecided on where I want to attend college or what I want to major in”

6) Did the team have a watch party for Selection Sunday?
- “No.”

7) Which game was the most fun this year?
- I would have to say that heritage game was the most fun. That's when it all sunk in that I was a senior and that this will be the last time I will be able to play with these group of guys and it was amazing, I couldn't have asked for a better opportunity”

8) Any advice for the team come next fall?


- “My advice really is based towards the seniors. You never really know how hard and far you can push yourself. Every game is the very last time you are playing that team and also my challenge to them would be to change the view or attitude of a junior team mate , teach the technique you carry and help develop someone else... most importantly o have fun while doing it. That was one of my mistakes, it was over by the time I got to look back and think about how much fun it was”. 

*Not affiliated with MPHS
Matthew Flahive 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girls' Varsity Home Opener

In the Spotlight: Caleb Vasquez