Jayden Perry was a senior wide receiver on Mount Pleasant's football team this fall. Jayden was more than happy to answer a few questions about this football season. As a senior, when you don't have the perfect season that everyone dreams about, there can be lot of reasons to look back on it with sadness and regret. However, Jayden was the complete opposite. He spoke solely on the fun memories and times he had with his friends that will be with them for the rest of their lives. 1) Favorite memory of this season? - “ My favorite memory of the season was catching the touchdown pass against midland high... the way my team ran over to me was a memory I'll never forget” 2) How do you think the team will do next season? - “ My favorite memory over all 4 years has been working with my team mates and watching us all grow as athletes” 3) What has playing football for Mount Pleasant meant for you? - “ Being an oiler is such a n incredible feeling down to the ...
This past weekend I was out to eat with some buddies when I noticed an elderly couple sitting in the corner eating alone. Now normally, I would have kept to myself and minded my own business but I noticed the husband wearing a long sleeve shirt with the Oilers logo across his chest. I instantly knew I had to hear his story about how he was connected to the Oiler Football community. I introduced myself and found out his name was Joe, he let me ask him a few questions. His story was not what I expected... Me: Well, I first noticed you wearing the Oilers Football shirt, how are you connected to the team? Joe: Actually I'm really not, my wife and I moved into the community 15 years ago after we retired. Once and awhile we will catch a game on a Friday evening if we don't have much of anything else going on. The Oiler Pride is contagious around here and it is always nice watching the team play each year. Me: So with no ties to the school, what draws you into attendin...
Tomorrow at seven pm the girls' Mount Pleasant varsity basketball team squares off against the Sheperd Bluejays in their home opener! The team looks to bounce back after an 18-point loss to Manton in their season opener. As it is their home opener, let's attempt to get a big crowd for them and rally them to victory! My 104.3 will start live coverage of the game at 6:45 pm. Tune into their fm station, 104.3, if one cannont attend the game! Go Oilers! -Jon Bevier -Not affiliated with MPHS
Comments
Post a Comment