In the Spotlight: Caleb Vasquez


Caleb Vasquez is coming off his final season of football at Mount Pleasant High School. The Senior Tackle has had quite a journey throughout his time as an Oiler making lifelong memories with his friends and teammates, on and off the field. Caleb was kind enough to do an interview and answer a few questions about the season, his memories at Mount Pleasant High School, with football in general, and what his future plans are looking like.


-The season did not end the way you expected it to, but what can you take away from this season?

"Of course I am upset we didn't make the playoffs, but I wouldn't take anything back that happened this season because it showed me and my teammates how to fight back and never give in. We started off the season 1-4 unfortunately and I knew people were doubting us, so as a team we all focused on one game at a time and we ended up winning the last 4 games of the season to end up with a positive record of 5-4"

-Favorite game/memory from the 2017 season?

"The bus ride home after the first win of the season against Saginaw High was definitely one of the best memories this year, especially celebrating with my brothers"

-Favorite memory while playing football at Mount Pleasant High School?

"Celebrating Connor Fiolek's game winning field goal in the District Championship against Petoskey. I've never been apart of anything so electrifying"

-What advice can you pass along to the players on next years team?

"My advice to the upcoming seniors would have to be to take advantage of the schedule given to you and make the most of your opportunities. There are a lot of returning players and the team will have the ability to make a big impact on their season next fall"

-What or who inspired you to want to play football?

"I started playing football my freshmen year after one of my best friends, Xavier King, encouraged me to go to summer camp and I am glad I went because it ended up being one of the best decisions I have ever made"

-What are your future plans for after you graduate from MPHS?

"My future plans after I leave MPHS is to attend Central Michigan University and earn a Doctor of Medicine Degree"

-How will football help contribute to your success in the future?

"Football has taught me so much about life, not did I just learn how to tackle, catch a leather ball, or block someone, but I learned to lead with others and build bonds with people that will never be broken. I learned life skills that many of my peers are still trying to figure out"




-Brandon Hoffman
*Not Affiliated with MPHS



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girls' Varsity Home Opener